FO Friday: The 9 month sweater

Wheat-ear remixWow my butt looks so tiny in this picture. Still in shock of my new body.

Pattern: Wheat-Ear Cable Yoke by Pam Allen from Interweave Knits Summer 2007 project page
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Venezia Worsted in Olive (818 yards – 3.75 skeins)
Needles: US 5 (3.75mm) Inox Express Circular, US 6 (4.0mm) Crystal Palace Circular, US 7 (4.5mm) Crystal Palace Circular and US 7 (4.5mm) Asciano Circular Needles

Wheat-ear remix

Mods: This is one giant modification.  The pattern is designed in pieces from the bottom up.  I knit it top down in the round.  RobinM and I decided to do a convert-a-long for this pattern during the 1st Quarter of the Sexy Knitters Club.  I have a sinking suspicion that Robin bailed on me.  I don’t blame her since this sweater took me just a tiny amount of less than a full term pregnancy.  I cast on January 8th and cast off September 8th.  It was a shock the day this finally was placed into the sink to block.

Wheat-ear remix

Facts to Remember: That hem ribbing should be more than the 3 rows that so many designers consider acceptable.  Depending on my hems mood, it will flip up or stay down.  That the right needles make the knit more enjoyable.  Lastly I shouldn’t dread knitting the sleeves because really they aren’t that bad, especially with my new skinny arms.

Wheat-ear remix

Things I Love:  That I accidentally knit for my new body instead of my old one.  I have no clue how this would have fit before all the weight loss.  The unblocked picture taken in January or February make it look tight but not that bad.

Wheat-ear remix

13 Comments

1. Posted September 18, 2009 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

So pretty! You look great in it!

2. Posted September 19, 2009 at 4:42 am | Permalink

It looks gorgeous – I especially like the color. Congrats on the weight loss :-)

3. Posted September 19, 2009 at 5:48 am | Permalink

Gosh I love this sweater. Congrats on all your hard work – working out and knitting up – being so lucrative for you :) Which IK is this in? I totally want one of my own, now!

4. Posted September 19, 2009 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

Congratulations on finishing your sweater! You must be very pleased. :-) Your wooded setting makes a lovely backdrop for the photos.

5. Posted September 19, 2009 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

This is a beauty, especially the yoke. Nice photos too.

6. Posted September 20, 2009 at 9:24 am | Permalink

The long knitting time was worth it! The sweater looks great, and so do you!

7. Posted October 13, 2009 at 10:17 am | Permalink

Stunning! And, it is in one of my favorite colors. The sweater looks great on you, too! So……what is you secret for having a tinier behind?

8. Carebear
    Posted November 11, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

No posts in a while. *sigh* I was hoping for a little pink sock pic :)

9. Posted November 28, 2009 at 11:31 am | Permalink

Your sweater turned out gorgeous! And congratulations on your fantastic weight loss too. What an amazing accomplishment and I’m so proud of you for sticking with it :) You look beautiful!

Hope your Thanksgiving was fantastic!

10. Posted February 4, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

Wow, it’s a beauty. I can’t believe I never took notice of this, even tho is was on the cover for goodness sake! Your top down version is so much nicer, congrats on being able to convert and congrats on the weight loss, you look fabulous in it. Did I read somewhere that you were going to Stitches West and going to be at the Malabrigo booth? I hope so, I will stop by and introduce myself (and buy some yarn without a doubt).

11. Posted February 16, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Permalink

WOW, that turned out stunning! I love the color, and the pattern across the bodice!

12. Posted June 6, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

Wow! I was nostagically chasing old links to see where some of my local bloggers went and ended up here. You look gorgeous! Great sweater, love the work on the yoke, and am sending the link to my daughter who knits. Totally different direction from your CSA-blogging days, but so cool. (You still in LV?)

13. Bud
    Posted July 12, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

Soooo, are you going to put up that baller logo I designed for you on your website?? :D Workin’ on your banner! I’ll draw one up and then I’ll try to do it computer-style with my SWEEET new photoshop skills…