1) Knit to pattern gauge but reduced each pentagon segment to 28 stitches
2) Provisional Cast-on for all the pentagons
3) Picked up hip band and increase to small size
4) Knit sleeves top down with short rows according to Barbara Walker Knitting from the Top. I cast on 3″ across the top of the sleeve to take into account the smaller pentagon circumference.
5) Instead of decreasing the sleeves right before the ribbing starts, I started the ribbing as 2×2 and decreased it to 2×1 ribbing after 2 rounds.
6) Each sleeve was a skein of yarn which gave the ribbing a 5″ deep cuff.
7) The collar was knit with the remaining yarn with 3 button holes spaces 6 rows apart.
8 ) Switched to smaller needles after one inch at the collar.
Facts to remember: That pre-blocked sweater bodies do grow and the sleeve tops might not need to be as large as they need to be. Plus I need to remember what I did from one sleeve to the next. I did not think that my button holes would be too small until after I was trying to shove buttons through the holes.
Things I love: My first wool long sleeve sweater!!! What else is there to love! It is Malabrigo so it is a super cozy sweater. The weather was perfectly cool in July for a long sleeve sweater at sunset. My Project Spectrum 3 Project: Air Element theme of bubbles has turned out perfectly. And lastly I think this sweater has received the most complements I have ever received on ravelry.