Chrispy’s Butter Pecan Cookies
from Everyday Food Cookie Edition
- 3/4 c pecans (chopped finely)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 c sugar, plus more for coating and sprinkling
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/8 t salt
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and 1/3 c sugar until light and fluffy, about 1 min. Beat vanilla, salt, and flour, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary, just until dough comes together. Fold in pecans.
- Separate dough into 12 equal pieces. Squeeze dough into balls; roll in sugar. Place balls on a baking sheet, 3 inches apart. gently flatten with the bottom of a glass (reshape sides if necessary). Sprinkle with more sugar.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown, about 15 min. Sprinkle with more sugar. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 cookies. I got 21 so your results may vary.
Very flaky and tasty!