Carolyn’s Chocolate-covered Cherry Brownies
from Christmas with Southern Living 1998
- 2 c sugar
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c cocoa
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 c miniature marshmallows
- 10 oz jar maraschino cherries, drained well and coarsely chopped
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate morsels
- Combine first5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add butter and eggs, stirring until smooth. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13" x 9" x 2" pan. Bake at 350F for 28 min. Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over hot brownies; return to oven, and bake 1 more 1 more minute. Sprinkle with cherries, and set aside to cool.
- Place chocolate morsels in a 2-c glass measuring cup; microwave at HIGH 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is smooth. Drizzle melted chocolate over uncut brownies. Let stand until chocolate is set. Cut into bars.
Makes 4 dozen