Carolyn’s Chewy Chocolate-Cinnamon Cookies
from Christmas with Southern Living 1998
- 1c butter, softened
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (3.9 oz) package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- 1 (11.5 oz) package semisweet chocolate mega morsels (or regular)
- 1 (2 1/2 oz) package walnut pieces, toasted and chopped (2/3 c)
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars and pudding mix, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, soda, and cinnamon; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended (do not overbeat). Stir in chocolate morsels and walnuts.
- Drop dough by Tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350F for 9 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets 1 minute. Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
Makes: 5 dozen
These are my favorite but I can’t really turn down anything made from cinnamon. What are best friends supposed to make for you?