Fire Brick Mittens - Just Released!
A warm mitten not a work mitten. These will brighten your day and your wardrobe.
These firebrick mittens will keep your hands warm while you play outside just like the fire inside will warm you once you discard your woolen wear.
- 1 skein of Mountain Colors 4/8s Wool (100% wool; 250yds/229m per 100g ball) MC
- 1 skein of Dale of Norway/Dalegarn baby Ull (100% superwash merino wool; 180yds/165m per 50g ball) CC
- US size 1(2.25mm), 2(3mm), or 3(3.25mm) circular or your favorite method for small circular circumference to achieve gauge for your size
Each size is achieved by a different gauge. If you are in between sizes go up so that you have a bit of room to allow warm air to circulate.
- Worsted yarn at a tight gauge for warmth
- Over St. st. on US 2 (3.0mm):
- 27 stitches x 36 rows = 4”
- Knitting in the round
- Picking up stitches
- Decreasing & increasing
- Reading a chart